Melatonin is a natural hormone made by your body’s pineal gland. This is a pea-sized gland located just above the middle of the brain. During the day the gland is inactive but when the sun begins to set and darkness occurs this gland is turned on. When it begins to function, around 9pm, it releases melatonin into our blood stream. With elevated melatonin you began to feel sleepy and less alert. Melatonin levels stay elevated for about 12 hours and begin to fall back towards normal, around 9am, as daytime rolls back around.
- Melatonin has antioxidant effects
- Helps prevent and treat cancer
- Helps to enhance the immune system
- Helps promote sleep and can decrease or avoid jet lag
- Helps with mood enhancement
- Help improve sexual function
Why would anyone not want to take something that has so many amazing benefits? If you would like more information on melatonin and if it would be right for you please contact us.