What Is Menopause?
Menopause is a normal process in a woman’s life when the ovarian production of hormones declines and periods stop. The average age of menopause is typically early fifties but can occur earlier or later. The process of menopause can begin up to 10 years earlier and is defined as perimenopause.
Symptoms of menopause can differ greatly between one woman and another. Some have virtually no symptoms. Some have many symptoms. Everyone else falls somewhere in-between. Long before a woman’s menstruation stops, she will have already noticed a change. Over time, periods become shorter in length and there is accompanying loss of strength, loss of energy, fatigue, and libido. Women may have mood changes and can experience depression, agitation, and forgetfulness. There is something bigger going on here than just symptoms: you are experiencing decline in your hormones – loss of the hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. Natural hormone therapy can help you with your symptoms, giving you the freedom to enjoy this next stage of life!
Symptoms Of Menopause
Menopausal symptoms come naturally as you age and are caused by hormone imbalances. You need healthy levels of these hormones so your body can function as it is supposed to. Your symptoms occur because one or more of your hormones has dropped below a healthy level.
There are symptoms that are commonly associated with menopause and there are others that are not. We tend to be most familiar with hot flashes and mood changes but there are many more that can be caused by depleted hormone levels during menopause. Below are a list of symptoms associated with menopause and a list of hormones next to them, that if low, can be the cause of the symptoms.
Symptom & Cause
- Hot Flashes – Low estrogen
- Mood Instability – Low estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and/or thyroid
- Memory Loss – Low estrogen, progesterone, and/or thyroid; excess cortisol
- Fatigue – Low estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and/or thyroid; excess cortisol
- Osteoporosis – Low estrogen
- Hair Loss – Low thyroid
- Low Sex Drive – Low estrogen, progesterone, and/or testosterone
- Insomnia – Low estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and/or thyroid
- Vaginal Dryness – Low estrogen, and/or testosterone
- Skin Changes – Low estrogen, and/or thyroid
- Weight Gain – Low estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and/or thyroid; excess cortisol
How Do We Do It?
- We will test your hormone levels to evaluate where you are at.
- Your test results will always be shared with you, and explained to you.
- Your treatment plan isn’t just created based on lab results, it’s also about how you feel as well.
- Your prescriptions will be adjusted when we feel it is necessary and meet with you when you feel it is necessary.
- Nobody knows you as well as you. We recognize that and will work with you to decide what the best choices are for you.
Don’t be discouraged! With the help of Rejuvenate Hormone Clinic we use bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) to help balance your hormones back to healthy levels. Combine that with an active lifestyle and a healthy diet, and you’ll feel better. The key is that we customize treatment plans just for you!